Friday, July 22, 2011

Illusions and Depression - Day 48

I've recently come to find that maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit. I was told the other day that depressed people are depressed because they see the world for what it is. I like to think that this is true. And it makes sense.

But guys, I have a confession. I fell for some BS philosophy and I preached it forth to you guys. Positive thinking is bull shit. Not that thinking positively doesn't help, but the fact that positive thinking will make you successful and happy. I still think that it might, but maybe that conflicts with seeing things how they really are. I think that seeing things for what they really are leads you to experience a more genuine happiness. You are happy because you the situation around you made it so that you are happy. What I was thinking before was that maybe happiness came from deluding yourself into thinking you are happy. And I still think this is attainable, but maybe not what I want.

Society pressures you into finding success and happiness. Society has deluded itself into thinking there is happiness there. People who follow this assumption will become successful in that society, they will become happy. And I'm okay with that. I'm all for anyone and everyone being happy for as long as they live.

However, people who refuse to look at that society in this way become underwhelmed with it. They seem to think that they are wrong, and society tells them that they are looking at things the wrong way. The lack of success creates a depression. The fact that society discourages intelligence is no secret, and this is really just further evidence of this.

I dunno, what do I know. I'm just an angsty teenager that thinks everyone else is stupid because I'm full of hormones that make me think that, right? There's no way in fuck I could be right.

Stereotypes are cool. People are cool.

Also I wish people were easier to ignore. Or that it was easier to tell people they're retarded.

Bork.

Long time no rant,
Marcus <3

1 comment:

  1. I was surfing the web and read some blog posts of yours. I suggest this article on the subject of happiness:

    http://www.cracked.com/article_19376_5-scientific-reasons-your-idea-happiness-wrong.html

    Hopefully it gives you some ideas. If not, eh, it's ten minutes wasted.

    ReplyDelete