Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ounces - Day 20

YAY! :D

We've reached the big 2-0, people. I'd like to start off by thanking you guys for all the support I've gotten with this bloggy thing. Makes me feel like someone cares sometimes.

Anyway, sorry about the lack of updates as of late, as you may or may not know, I was in Carthage for debate this past weekend. For those of you curious I went 3-1 and missed cut because I had two opponents who went 0-4. Which sucks because debate tournament structure is fucked up and it should be more like Pokemon tournament structure because that makes an infinite more amount of sense.

I also didn't have to do an oratory because Mr. Tuckness sucks at managing things and so ten or so people ended up being out of an IE. I'm not gonna lie, the first time I wrote that last sentence I wrote "sucks at mangina" and I'm not really sure what that says about me and my subconscious.

Lately I've been trying to focus things on individual days. I'm going to try and do some stuff that will hopefully make my day go better. Firstly, though, I'd like to explain my rationale for this kind of thinking. Many successful people have the same mentality that I've kind of discussed a little bit before, and that's about positive thinking and how the universe will line up with what you want if you constantly surround yourself with this thing. I was listening to some inspirational Will Smith (as I frequently do), and he has this same mentality. He did add one interesting thing that I like, however. He explains how you shouldn't go out and say "I'm going to build a wall, and it's going to be the greatest wall ever." which is what many people do. He says you should go out, lay a brick and try and lay that brick as perfect as possible. And eventually, you will have your wall, and it will be better than it could have ever been. This kind of leads me to want to follow a more day-to-day kind of lifestyle because it makes each day feel like it matters. The first idea I have off the top of my head is to make a goal each and every day. Just one goal, and not a big one either. Maybe something general, maybe something more specific. But I feel like this kind of a thing will help make days a little more accomplished feeling.

Anyway, I'm feeling social recently, moreso than usual, and so you guys shouldn't be afraid to hit me up wherever you may see me.

That's all I really wanted to say tonight, I'll get back to you guys in a little bit though, so don't worry :]

Buddy Buddy,
Marcus ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment