Sunday, January 30, 2011

Party Time - Day 22

I'll go ahead and start off today's blog by apologizing for the lack of updates over the week. I wasn't at home a lot of the time or I just didn't have anything good to write about.

I'll go ahead and start this blog off by discussing the presidential debate-esque thing that happened on Thursday. The audience is only IB kids, firstly. And this made me realize something. That was the only population that really cared. Everyone else just votes because a piece of paper gets shoved in their face and all they really have to do is circle a name. Anyway, the questions are generic and so are the answers. Alysia informs us that she is, in fact, approachable. SO APPROACHABLE. MAYBE EVEN UNCOMFORTABLY APPROACHABLE. She may even approach you.

And not only was that her only answer for every question, Lillian and Cassie followed suit. Lillian basically had her generically oriented period on the discussion, and Cassie had the exact speech that I thought she would. "I put a microwave in the cafeteria and I'm completely oblivious as to what StuBo president actually does."

Moving backwards a little bit, I'd just like to point out that approachability is a non-issue nowadays because of the following reasons: 1. In order to run for StuBo president you obviously have some amount of approachability in the first place, 2. approachability is easy in the age of facebook, where contacting someone is a click and some button pusheys away.

Moving onwards into the future, I was also disappointed with the way they shot down a lot of the jokier questions. Diplomatically, you should give those kinds of questions as good of an answer you can or use your wit to joke them back, being your should-be-charismatic self. But instead what generally happened is that when Sam stood up to talk, the rest of everyone decided to ignore it. What the fuck is that? A leader is supposed to listen to the people they lead, not be an ass about it. God dammit, you can't just go "Oh, no, you're dumb." BECAUSE THAT PERSON IS WHO IS VOTING YOU GIANT DUMB FUCK.

I appreciate Sam for being the only candidate with half a brain and the ability to be aware of situations and control them accordingly. I also expect the most good and the most change from Sam. Alysia and Cassie are sheep and will follow what the other cabinet members tell them, and Lillian will keep things exactly the way they are now, except more annoyingly?

SAMMY WILL PUT HIS HAMMY IN YOUR FANNY

I also encourage you guys to pick up professionally made shirts from Sam as opposed to the shitty spray paint PoSs that Lillian made.

Moving on, I'd like to maybe talk about debate, seeing as that's where I was this weekend. I was judging, and it was awesome. I didn't really get to talk to people as much as I would have liked to, but that's okay. Good times were had by all nonetheless.

Hm, I guess that's all I had to say. That sucks.

Oh, I know what I want to talk about. I got nominated for Loyalty Court. Which is kinda cool. Anyway, I don't expect to win seeing as the trend is coughblackpeoplecough, but getting close wouldn't be bad. I'm an attention whore and so seeing my name somewhere is kinda cool. So go ahead and vote for me if you love me :D

I can't really think of anything else I want to talk about right now, so I'll try and hit you guys up later this week. My mom left for vacation on Friday so I'll be roaming the town this week, most likely.

With like-like,
Marcus ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment